On the 3rd of December, 2019 in Park-hotel “Moskva”, Sofia, Bulgaria, was held the First International Kick-Off Meeting of the project 2019-1-BG01-KA202-062584 – “Transforming VET in Construction – Innovative Materials for Building and Energy Efficiency” (BEE-VET), financed under Erasmus+ Programme.
The BEE-VET project” joins the efforts of 8 organisations from 4 countries (Bulgaria, Slovakia, Turkey and Austria) in order to address the highlighted challenges in the construction sector and to contribute for narrowing the gap between school and business with a focus on practical innovation-oriented learning by using of digital technologies.
Coordinator of the project is RAABE Bulgaria and the Partner Consortium involved:
- 3 VET schools – SGSAG Hristo Botev, Bulgaria; ORTAKOY 80.YIL MESLEKI VE TEKNIK ANADOLU LISESI, Turkey and STREDNA PRIEMYSELNA SKOLA STAVEBNA A GEODETICKA, Slovakia
- 1 Austrian University for applied sciences FH JOANNEUM
- 2 companies BAUMIT Bulgaria and ERDEMLER SOGUTMA A.S. – Turkey
- 1 publishing house EXPOL Pedagogika – Slovakia
The project aims to increase the attractiveness of VET programs and narrow the gap between school and business in building and energy efficiency sector so the main objectives are as follows:
– Interactive training materials on green, sustainable and energy efficient construction for upper secondary VET students on the application of new and advanced technologies/materials in the construction sector, i.e. BEE-VET Digital Toolkit.
– Methodological materials for VET teachers in specific vocational subjects providing guidance on the using, inclusion and presentation of the Digital Toolkit as an effective tool, supporting the modernisation of VET training programs in Construction and promoting the use of digital technologies in creative, collaborative and efficient ways, i.e. BEE-VET Teachers Handbook;
– Concept for curriculum update based on the information from the four partners’ countries and EU best practices identified, as well as on the specific products prepared, mapping expected learning outcomes acquired by VET students in the field of Construction to allow their transnational mobility and recognition of knowledge, skills and competencies, i.e. BEE-VET Concept for Curriculum Update.
Target groups of the project are VET teachers in specific vocational subjects, upper-secondary VET students in specialties in construction, company mentors and workers in the field of Construction, as well policy-making authorities.
During the meeting were presented the highlights of the planned project activities, followed by review of national policies in VET education in construction sector in Bulgaria, Slovakia, Turkey and Austria.
The partners discussed and presented information in field of energy efficiency, green buildings, zero energy buildings and trends in construction sector.